Perform in-process inspection on product being processed through the work cell, specifically at SMT, Wave and Selective Soldering operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all ESD requirements and Board Handling.
- Use of Moisture Sensitive Device (MSD) handling requirements based on component moisture sensitive levels (MSL).
- Verify process compliance to document control process and procedures.
- Examine product to verify conformance to workmanship standards.
- Inspects and approves incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting unacceptable materials through the designated ERP system.
- Inspect product being processed through work cell according to specific in-process inspector training and procedure, along with IPC-A-610 & J-STD-001 workmanship standards.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs as applicable.
- Resolve quality-related issues in a timely matter.
- Approves finished material and/or product by confirming specifications, conducting visual measurement tests, returning products for re-work and confirming re-work.
- Responsible for stopping processes, with communication to Production Supervisor, lead and/or engineering, to control manufacture of non-conforming assemblies.
- Support and follow all ISO standards related to various Quality Management Systems. These systems may include, but are not limited to, quality, the environment, health, safety and security.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, and complying with legal regulations.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to apply IPC-A-610 standard requirements
- Ability to apply J-STD-001 standard requirements
- Ability to apply IPC-600 standard requirements
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of interpretation of designated specifications
- High attention to detail.
- Sense of urgency, successful at meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Monitor processes, materials, or surroundings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 year minimum, Electronics manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with measuring devices such as calipers, pin gauges, feeler gauges, height gauges and other measuring instruments
- Experience with automated measuring equipment is a plus: SmartScope, CMM, etc.
- Certification to IPC-600, IPC-610 & J-STD-001 is a plus
- Experience with GD & T is a plus
1st shift 5am-3:30pm
2nd shift 3:30pm-2am