Our client is the SWEETEST place in Denver to work! As a machine operator you will be responsible for blending large scale varieties of frosting, buttercream and cake mixes! Machine Operators are responsible for loading, mixing, and monitoring bulk ingredients. Duties may also include filling, packaging, labelling, sifter screens, tailings, scale and shortening checks.
- Duties may include; gathering, organizing, staging, scaling, verifying, scanning, loading, mixing and monitoring bulk ingredients.
- Performing quality checks as instructed to test for PH, allergens, foreign materials and particles.
- Will be responsible for breaking down, opening, and/or putting equipment back together after finish product and cleanings.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and keep work areas and equipment neat and clean consistently throughout shift
- Perform clean down procedures of food contact equipment.
- May be responsible for pre-start checklists, equipment checklists, batch verification counts and other documentation.
- Communicate problems such as equipment failure, quality issues, food safety or safety hazards immediately to your Shift Lead.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English
- Ability to write routine reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to work well with others and independently.
- Forklift certified or ability to become certified.
- Computer skills are useful.
- Experience with GMPs, IFS standards, understand HACCP programs and plant safety programs.
- Must be flexible with shifts, days and hours; able to work overtime and weekends with limited notification.
Day shift: $15.60/hour – 4:30am – 4:30pm, must be available on weekends
Night shift: $16.60/hour – 4:30pm – 4:30am, must be available on weekends