Mechanical Assemblers build high value proprietary products as indicated by the build book. Assemblers follow drawings and use experience to interpret plans. Each customer order involves a certain amount of customization, so no two machines are identical (unless ordered by one customer to be operated in sequence).
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include the following:
- Works on assemblies/projects on one or more product lines.
- Ability to properly read measuring equipment to verify parts and assembly quality.
- Knowledge of common assembly tools and processes including but not limited to: bench work, the use of hand saws, drilling, hand tapping, deburring, part marking/identification, arbor presses, bearing heaters, etc.
- Assembles shafts, drive shafts, bearings or gear assemblies.
- May build mechanical sub-assemblies that are incorporated into finished product.
- Demonstrates ability to read basic blueprints or schematics. Redlines drawings to submit to engineering.
- May run air and lube lines per specifications.
- Performs shakedowns, teardowns and punch list items for machines.
- Participates in the close-out of shop orders, including returns to stock.
- Installs guards, signs and nameplates on machines per specifications.
- Perform some machine set-ups.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience. May have formal training as mechanic or machinist. Attention to detail is necessary.
- Ability to work in a team environment, which includes communicating effectively with team members and support staff, being self-motivated, accepting responsibility for one’s own work, and actively participating as a team member in a proactive manner.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work schedule generally consists of 40 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Physical demands vary.
- 50 lb limit on lifting without forklift or assistance.
- Must operate in a safe, responsible manner, which respects the environment and the health of Stolle employees, customers, and the communities in which Stolle operates. At no time should work be performed in a manner which compromises environmental, health or safety values..
- This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions and skills needed. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions.