Mechanical Assemblers work in a safe and efficient manner to produce products and components by assembling parts and subassemblies of electronic equipment to defined specifications, quality standards and performance levels.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Prepares work station and gathers parts, instructions, checklists, tools, and materials for assembly; inspects all parts prior to assembly for quality assurance
- Follows work instructions given by Production Manager. Reads work orders regarding tasks to be accomplished within a specific time
- Inspect, test and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances and customer order requirements.
- Studies Standards of Procedures (SOPs) and instruction manuals to ensure assembly is performed to specifications and quality standards
- Assembles parts by making measurements, fastening parts, connects and routes wires, installs serial labels, screws parts and performs similar operations to build products
- Ensures correct assembly by examining connections, measuring for correct completion, and referencing the instruction manuals, templates, and checklists
- Places finished assembled products in designated areas for quality inspection
- Keeps equipment and tools operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms, as required
- Mechanical aptitude preferred.
- 1-3 years relevant experience in working with electronics, tools, wiring, and related materials
- Ability to proficiently use hand tools and in some instances use power tools
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and directions
- Basic knowledge of technical terms and ability to interpret technical drawings and procedures
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks each workday and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to accurately measure components and accurately fit into designated areas for product assembly
- Must be able to discern size, difference of parts, and direction to assemble hardware types and parts
- Possess good dexterity and strength in hands and uses fingers to assemble products within time constraints
Shift and pay:
7:00am- 3:30pm – $16.00/hour