Machine Operator Assistant
Machine Operator Assist in the set ups/ changeovers of machine. Involving the removal and replacement of tooling rolls, cut off dies, punch dies, table spacers, etc.
- 1 year of experience with heavy assembly and must have strong mechanical skills
- Accumulate products as they exit from machine and safely stack into standard company pallets by product.
- Must have the knowledge and skills to read a tape measure and effectively apply to the following: Measure all product lengths, widths, heights, etc., for quality control purposes.
- Measure slit coils widths, for proper identification for weight calculations.
- Measure tooling roll spacers, knives, etc., for setups / changeovers assistance.
- Pick up all strapping, empty pop bottles, snack wrappers, debris, etc., around the machine perimeter and work bench surfaces.
- Must have the ability to read, understand and apply all the safety practices within the company general safety rules manual in your daily activities.
- Safely operate the wood chop saws or wood radial arm saws to cut wood blocks to custom lengths.
- Safely operate the metal cut off saws to cut up scrap or cut materials into custom lengths when needed.
- Assist with basic daily maintenance of machines and equipment; oiling, greasing, adding water, cleaning, blowing, spraying, adjusting, etc.
- Requiring the use of hand tools, screw guns, paint rollers, shop vacuums, razor knives, hammer, pressurized air, carts, dollies, brooms, mops, rags, spray bottles, etc.
Hours / Pay:
Day shift: 5am – 1:30pm Monday – Friday, first day = 8:00am
Night Shift: 2:00PM to 10:45 PM (Monday through Friday)
- $18.00 + $1.50 differential = $19.50/hour
- Overtime goes until midnight and working Saturdays