Utilize SMT machines to place surface mount parts and solder reflow the devices to the printed circuit board. Responsible for the set-up of all pieces of equipment on the SMT line, including the screen printer, the pick and place machines and the reflow oven.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all ESD requirements and Board Handling.
- Use of Moisture Sensitive Device (MSD) handling requirements based on component moisture sensitive levels (MSL).
- Utilize process sheets to ensure correct build of product.
- Load feeders for surface mount machines using the load list provided by machine.
- Verify correct part numbers being used for the specific job being run.
- Initiate and select correct programs for SMT screen printer & SMT pick and place machines and correct reflow profile for the reflow oven.
- Select the proper stencil screen for use during screen printing operation.
- Comply with company standards of ESD, IPC-A-610, work instructions and ISO procedures and policies.
- Perform machine preventative maintenance on screen printer and pick and place machines based on assigned schedules.
- Operate stencil cleaning machine.
- Clean boards as required based on soldering chemistry.
- Support and follow all ISO standards related to various Quality Management Systems. These systems may include, but are not limited to, quality, the environment, health, safety and security.
- Support all corporate and site 6S objectives.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to utilize electronic manufacturing system (OCuity).
- Pass IPC-DVE-64C Component Identification.
- Pass IPC-A-610 Modules: 1, 2, 4, 7 & 8.
- Microsoft Office/computer skills.
- Knowledge of machine maintenance.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 6 – 12 months previous electronic experience preferred.