The primary function of the Assembler I is to read and understand work orders as well as assemble, test, and inspect light fixtures and individual components. This position works as part of a cell assembly team to ensure that daily production, quality, and safety goals are met.
- High School education or equivalent (i.e., diploma or GED) from an accredited institution required.
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and overtime with advanced notice.
- Attention to detail and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities.
- Technical aptitude (ability to read wiring diagrams and other technical drawings).
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach forward, and stand for up to 12 hours.
- Ability to pick up pans, fixtures, lamps, sheet metal, and small wires and parts.
- Ability to engage in repetitive motion and tolerate exposure to varying temperatures.
- Ability to see fine details and distinguish between colors.
- Ability to regularly lift 35 pounds without assistance and occasionally lift more than 35 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment as required by company policy and procedure
- 1st shift – $14.49/hour: 5am – 3:30pm Monday – Thursday with some OT on Fridays and Saturdays