Production Operator duties may include gathering, organizing, staging, scaling, verifying, scanning, loading, mixing, and monitoring bulk ingredients. Duties may also include filling, packaging, labelling, sifter screens, tailings, scale and shortening checks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English
- Ability to write routine reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to work well with others and independently.
- Forklift certified or ability to become certified.
- Computer skills are useful.
- Experience with GMPs and safety programs
- Will be responsible for breaking down, opening, and/or putting equipment back together after fin.ish product and cleanings.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and keep work areas and equipment neat and clean consistently throughout shift
- Perform clean down procedures of food contact equipment.
- May be responsible for pre-start checklists, equipment checklists, batch verification counts and other documentation.
- Communicate problems such as equipment failure, quality issues, food safety or safety hazards immediately to your Shift Lead.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to: stand, walk, use hands to grasp, move or utilize objects, tools or controls.
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, wheat, soy, seafood and shellfish.
- Environment is noisy, hot/cold. Potential for sugar / flour dust, near steam, and climbs up/down one flight stairs approx. 30 times per shift
- Day shift = $15.60/hour
- Night shift = $16.60/hour
- Day shift: 4:30am – 4:30pm – Must be flexible with shifts, days and hours; able to work overtime and weekends with limited notification.
- Night shift: 4:30pm – 4:30am – Must be flexible with shifts, days and hours; able to work overtime and weekends with limited notification.