Lamination Machine Operators
Lamination Machine Operators sets up and operates pouch making machines that convert laminated films into pouches that meet or exceed customer quality specifications by performing the following duties.
- Possess and foster a positive attitude of learning and respect
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions
- Ability to take ownership of work and also work as part of a team
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Visual acuity to color consistency
- Manual coordination and dexterity
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Manual coordination and dexterity while utilizing hand tools, cleaning equipment
- Be able to work safely around operating machinery
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be flexible in work schedule
- Reads job specifications and previous run data (if available) to determine machine adjustments and material requirements. Ensures job is in order prior to machine set-up.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated
- Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction. Makes corrections to alleviate out of specification product.
- Measures workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Performs required quality testing on products produced, i.e. burst test, drop test, water table test, etc.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as changing zipper cloth, dies, seal bars and punches.
- Assists and works cooperatively with assistant machine operators to stack, mark, pack, and transport finished boxes.
- Completes required documentation accurately and timely.
- Meets or exceeds prescribed job standard for line speeds, scrap and set-up times.
- Reports any necessary maintenance of the machine to the engineering department using a written work order.
- Reports any unsafe working conditions to the production supervisor.
- Participates in on-going training opportunities and supports a continuous quality improvement environment.
- Review work instructions and procedures that are applicable to the position.
- Make recommendations to supervision and management for improvement of production in terms of efficiency and workflow
- Maintain production reports
- Oversee daily performance of Pouch Assistant functions
- Change rolls and cut out splices
- Quality Control checks and data entry
- Trash and trim removal
- 2nd shift – Monday – Thursday 2:00pm – 12:30am, possible OT on Fridays