The purpose of this position is to fabricate optical components according to customer specifications.
Performs various optical fabrication processes including but not limited to: beveling, milling, blocking, grinding, polishing, curve generation, and inspection/measurements.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs basic shaping process steps on simple to medium difficult parts.
- Beveling – cup and straight line
- Blocking – standard (multiple parts on same block) wax blocking, which includes ability to choose correct type of tooling
- Edging – standard edging tasks up to .001 tolerance
- Milling – standard milling tasks
- Sawing – KLE cut off type operations
- Grinding – to include continuous and double side
- May assist with pouring lap
- Inspects and cleans parts
- Basic reading and comprehension of prints for basic dimensions
- Measurement skills include: calipers, drop gauges, micrometers, comparators, measuring microscope (Z scope), spherometer
1st and 2nd shift available
$17.00 – $19.00/hour