Entry-Level QC Tech
- Follow procedures & policies, responsible for following the directions of the Shift Manager/Floor Manager and Work Cell Lead to achieve the objectives of a fast paced production dept. following approved SOP’s and safe work practices in a safe and effective manner, accurately completing documentation, and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner as required by company procedures and guidelines, while maintaining a safe, effective, and harmonious work environment.
- Responsible for FOOD SAFETY, FOOD QUALITY & SECURITY.
- Understand and follow, all company policies, procedures, and protocols. Including personal safety, sanitation, GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices), quality, production, and manufacturing procedures.
- Follow SOP’s for Production Dept. operations.
- Complete assigned tasks in an effective and safe manner.
- Ensure customer satisfaction for both internal & external customers.
- Following approved recipes and paying close attention to detail, prepare & stage raw materials for inclusion in finished goods, safely & effectively within a temperature-controlled manufacturing environment.
- Ensure an uninterrupted flow of correct ingredients and raw materials in the required volume to the Mix Station.
- Monitor label quality to ensure in spec. finished goods.
- Notify dept. management of all deviations that could result in production dept. failure to meet customer requirements or dept. objectives.
- Maintain the production dept. areas, and facility environment in an acceptable clean, condition using standard tools and methods in a safe and effective manner.
- Accurately complete all assigned tasks as required.
- Maintain a climate of safety, urgency, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Inspect finished goods for lot code and label placement.
- Load and wrap pallets of finished goods.
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Required Education:
- Minimum high school diploma or a general education degree (GED) required.
Minimum Required Experience:
- Previous experience in a 24/5, fast-paced, multi-line, multi changeover, CPG environment preferred.
- Demonstrated and documented safe working habits coupled with good attendance is required.
- Proficiency in current position is required.
- Basic math skills to count, calculate and understand weights and measures are required.
- Must be able to read, write, interpret, and understand and verbally communicate in the English language.
- Shift work may be required. Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, or walk for prolonged periods of time. The employee is required to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms on a repetitive basis. The employee must be able to lift, bend, stoop, push/pull exerting up to 60 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects. Requires visual acuity to review written documentations; ability to hear and understand speech. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout to be heard above the ambient noise level. There is exposure to a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and exposure to heat/cold temperature changes and chemicals. Must be able to tolerate exposure to allergens.