Customer Service Rep
Builds relationships by educating members on Credit Union products and services and supports all functions within the Contact Center. Responsible for providing quality assurance while demonstrating B.R.A.V.E. and exemplary member service. Responsible for handling and resolving a variety of member service interactions through various channels including but not limited to phone, email, secured messages and chat. Completes and maintains related reports, records, and files.
- Enjoy working in a fun and friendly environment; work with a great team and grow with a company that believes in advancement.
- Process member financial requests including establishing new and fostering existing member relationships involving; online banking, eStatement and bill pay set-ups; research requests; stop payments; wire transfers and other monetary transactions. Providing solutions by answering questions and solving problems for members by listening, collecting data, securing answers and responding in a professional manner.
- Identifies the financial needs of new and existing members through open-ended interviewing techniques and utilizes tools to identify appropriate products and services for each member. Presents appropriate features and benefits, and explains company products and services to meet identified needs. Asks for action and closes or refers.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Consistently demonstrates the company Experience involving B.R.A.V.E. and complies with all policies, procedures and regulations.
- Provide accurate and complete information about Credit Union products and services to members
- Perform all levels of member authentication to validate that the member is authorized to receive information and perform transactions
- Maintain reports and records that are accurate, complete, and submitted in a timely manner
- Maintain good working relationships and coordination with department personnel and management
- Responsible for new employee training and participate in additional training opportunities for the department.
- Assists other Credit Union departments as necessary
- Maintain goals of the Contact Center to include phone quality, calls per hour, availability, talk time, and handle ratio
- Meets minimum sales expectations as defined by the Incentive Compensation Plan
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- General knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures preferred
- Basic understanding of loans, payment processes, and interest rates preferred
- Minimum six months of experience in customer service or Contact Center environment preferred
- Sales Aptitude / Educational Cross-selling skills / Customer service skills and multi-tasking
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work well under pressure with a positive and professional demeanor
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Solid math skills
- Standard office conditions
- Low to moderate noise
- Limited lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Flexible schedule for all hours based on department needs