The role of a Commercial Project Manager is responsible for developing execution plans to achieve construction project milestones and to minimize costs for a single project or area. Oversees project execution and monitors critical path schedules and deliverables. Provide input to design of construction project execution plans.
Our client’s mission is simple, to offer high-quality, competitively priced residential and commercial landscapes and maintenance. They use only premium grade materials to deliver custom design and maintenance services that surpass expectations. They view themselves as partners with our clients, our employees, our community, and our environment.
- Review contract documents, specifications, blue prints and estimate to fully understand the scope of work to begin setting the construction schedule, pre-purchase log, financial projections which yield the cost and time limitations of the project.
- Schedule and manage labor force required for various projects.
- Coordinate with project foreman any equipment, manpower, specialized crews, material and other similar needs required for project efficiency.
- Manage subcontractors per the scope of the project.
- Provide site orientation to crew to include set up, pictures, existing conditions, checklists, etc.
- Ensure the necessary tools and equipment are available for the crew(s).
- Purchase and deliver materials in timely manner to avoid possible “down time” of crew.
- Resolve building code issues and permitting with appropriate governing agencies.
- Remain proactive to minimize potential communication issues and coordination of activities amongst crews, subcontractors, etc.
- Simultaneously supervise various projects to keep them on schedule and within budget.
- Create warranty work orders.
- Monitor labor cost analysis weekly to make changes as required staying within the budget.
- Foreman’s Schedule.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A complete understanding of landscape construction
- A strong working knowledge of irrigation construction
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings.
- Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite/Project.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Must possess excellent people skills and demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop and maintain open, two-way communication with all team members.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative to improve efficiencies.
- Builds a strong sense of team work with co-workers.
- Displays a positive attitude and is courteous to others.
- Professional in appearance and presentation.
- Assists in promoting the company to the public in a positive manner.
- Takes pride in the work performed.
- Accepts the initiative to take on additional work if necessary.
- Listens well and follows directions provided.
- Shows integrity and consistency in all aspects of performing the job.