Responsible for operating moderately complex machinery.
- Operate and adjust semi-automatic numerically controlled machine tools to perform standard and repetitive sequences of operations (i.e. forming, drilling, tapping, reaming or chamfering) where programs are provided and setups are often made and maintained by others.
- Responsible for the quality of produced products through the utilization of various inspection methods, Statistical Process Control and Mfg Operating procedures.
- 6 months of machining experience required.
- Ability to read blue prints specifications and follow written instructions
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control charts based on dimensions.
- Demonstrated ability to determine thread lengths per print and adjust taps accordingly as well as to run machines.
- Operate machinery in a manner that uses raw materials to their best advantage and protects tools against breakage.
- Able to use measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, scales and indicators) and in depth knowledge of tooling identification. Read measurements .100 to .00001 thousandths.
- 1st shift: 6am – 2:30pm Monday – Friday
- 2nd shift: 2:30pm -11pm Monday – Friday