Our client is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions that seal, damp and protect critical applications in demanding environments. Their innovative engineered solutions accelerate performance for our customers in a sustainable way.
CNC Machinist I is responsible for operating moderately complex machinery.
- Operate and adjust semi-automatic numerically controlled machine tools to perform standard and repetitive sequences of operations (i.e. forming, drilling, tapping, reaming or chamfering) where programs are provided and setups are often made and maintained by others.
- Responsible for the quality of produced products through the utilization of various inspection methods, Statistical Process Control and Mfg Operating procedures.
- Read and edit simple G code programs as well as adjust tooling offsets.
- Calculate speed and feed and make program adjustment.
- 6 months of machining experience required.
- Ability to read blue prints specifications and follow written instructions
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control charts based on dimensions.
- Demonstrated ability to determine thread lengths per print and adjust taps accordingly as well as to run machines.
- Operate machinery in a manner that uses raw materials to their best advantage and protects tools against breakage.
- Must be able to read and edit G code programs as well as adjust tooling offsets.
- Knowledge in calculating speed and feed and make program adjustment.
- Able to use measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, scales and indicators) and in depth knowledge of tooling identification. Read measurements .100 to .00001 thousandths.
Schedule/Pay: $19.00- $21.00/hour depending on experience
- 1st shift: 6am – 2:30pm Monday – Friday
- 2nd shift: 2:30pm -11pm Monday – Friday