Our client strives to be a leader in innovations that bring you countless products, including sporting equipment, building materials, telecommunications, and modern avaiation, to name a few. Under general supervision, the CNC Machinist is responsible for setting up and operating most
machines in the reduction area.
- Set up, adjust and check programming, operate numerically controlled machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to close and exacting tolerances and finish specifications.
- Defines and codes tool arrangements, material clamping methods, machine calibrations and console settings, for operations such as bore, mill, drill, face, thread and occasional profiling and contouring.
- Responsible for production of quality products through utilization of various inspection methods and Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques.
- Maintains simple records, data sheets, and work orders.
- Greases, oils, and periodically frees equipment of chips.
- May be required to run more than one unit simultaneously.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 2-3 years CNC experience
- Ability to work from written and verbal instructions in English
- Must possess intermediate math skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Familiar with various measuring instruments used for checking the quality of work .
- Able to read programming instructions, operational data, machine setup instructions and blueprints.
- Requires knowledge of machining techniques and methods.
- Ability to diagnose and solve machine problems.
- Self motivated and goal oriented work ethic.
Pay based on experience, $23.00 – $28.00/hour