In this position you will be supporting the warehouse and customer service department. You will regularly operate a forklift, receive material into the warehouse and ship material. This position will also require regular moving and handling of tile and stone. In addition you will be handling local deliveries. The person in this position will be responsible for ensuring all customers who come in contact with Crossville Studios receive excellent customer service, while adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Drivers must have a CDL and DOT medical card as well as a clean driving record.
- Communicates with co-workers, other drivers, and vendors by phone, and in person. Reports position, gets instructions, checks and reports on upcoming road conditions, notifies of arrival, directs loading when necessary.
- Driver must have safe driving record and be able to communicate professionally with customers and our dispatch at all times, and comply with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and Company policies.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by direct supervisor or manager.
- Be able to deliver and pick up general freight to/from warehousing facility or to/from individual retail locations.
- Assists in other departments of the depot, as necessary.
- Assists with loading and unloading trailers at delivery and pick-up, as necessary in other branches.
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers.
- Being comfortable working on a computer is required.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Process, package and ship orders accurately and on a timely manner.
- Organize stocks and maintain inventory and supply.
- Must be able to accurately examine incoming and outgoing shipments to vendors, customers, and etc.
- Receiving and unloading shipping containers.
- Restocking shelves by forklift, man lift, or by hand. Stocking pallets. Use ladders while carrying materials to restock shelves.
- Maintaining a clean work environment.
- Assisting with Inventory Control, as needed.
- Check, verify, and fill customer invoices in the system.
- Have an energetic, outgoing, and friendly manner.
- Abide by all company safety and hygiene regulations.
- Be willing to learn new tasks and responsibilities and must be able to adapt to change.
- Take initiative, and work well with minimal supervision.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES OF THE JOB:
- Knowledge of the metro area and outside of the metro area.
- Knowledge of DOT, warehouse, and shipping documentation; Freight bills, BOL’s, Over-Short-Damage reports, Manifest, Driver’s log.
- Knowledge of cargo loading and securing practices.
- Follow safety policies in warehouse, docks, driving, loading, and unloading.
- Complete deliveries in a timely manner
- Communication with dispatch office
- Safe operations of all equipment.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License Required
- Clean Driving Record.
- High School or GED.
- Have a satisfactory driving record
- Must complete mandatory pre-employment drug test, physical, and criminal background check
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM with one-hour lunch break. Overtime maybe necessary as required.
- Daily traveling required for delivery of product and pickup to customers, clients other Crossville Studios branches.