Duties may include gathering, organizing, staging, scaling, verifying, scanning, loading, mixing, and monitoring bulk ingredients. Duties may also include filling, packaging, labelling, sifter screens, tailings, scale and shortening checks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English
- Ability to write routine reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to work well with others and independently.
- Forklift certified or ability to become certified.
- Computer skills are useful.
- Experience with GMPs and safety programs
- Will be responsible for breaking down, opening, and/or putting equipment back together after finish product and cleanings.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and keep work areas and equipment neat and clean consistently throughout shift
- Perform clean down procedures of food contact equipment.
- May be responsible for pre-start checklists, equipment checklists, batch verification counts and other documentation.
- Communicate problems such as equipment failure, quality issues, food safety or safety hazards immediately to your Shift Lead.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to: stand, walk, use hands to grasp, move or utilize objects, tools or controls.
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, wheat, soy, seafood and shellfish.
- Environment is noisy, hot/cold. Potential for sugar / flour dust, near steam, and climbs up/down one flight stairs approx. 30 times per shift
12 hour shifts available: Must be flexible with shifts, days and hours; able to work overtime and Saturdays with limited notification.
- Day shift: 4:30am – 4:30pm – $17.50
- Night shift: 4:30pm – 4:30am – $18.50