Job Title/Description: Material Handler: A Material Handler is responsible for moving products in the warehouse. This includes moving materials between shelving and the production lines. Material handlers make sure production areas are fully stocked and have the products they need to fulfill orders.
- High School education or equivalent (i.e., diploma or GED) from an accredited institution required.
- Utilize computer and perform cycle counts of components.
- Support assembly / fabrication requirements, as necessary.
- Operate forklifts, cranes, and yard trucks to transport and locate equipment and materials to required area
- Minimum of 1 year manufacturing or warehouse/distribution experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities.
- Mechanical aptitude (ability to read wiring diagrams, technical drawings and materials documentation).
- Candidate must be certified or willing to be certified in the operation of forklifts, cranes, and yard trucks to transport and locate equipment and materials to required areas.
- Candidate must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
- Knowledge of processes and procedures related to steel and bus fabrication, purchasing, receiving, shipping, RF scanning, and inventory control is preferred.
- Broad range of knowledge in materials planning, scheduling, receiving, shipping, and tracking systems is desired.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment as required by company policy and procedure