Our client is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. They design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 83 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, they have installed more wind power than anyone else. Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 73 GW of wind turbines under service, they use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
We are hiring for Mechanical Assemblers! Assemblers are responsible for putting together the main wind turbine hum and the subassemblies following process work instructions (PWIs) and other written and verbal specifications with integrity, collaboration, and passion.
- Safety is the #1 priority, accountable for safety of individual and coworkers
- Ability to assemble electrical & mechanical components in accordance with work instructions
- Ensures compliance to quality and workmanship standards
- Assembles components in a standardized manner within a prescribed time frame
- Follow strict cleanliness guidelines as outlines in the 5S standards
- Install high pressure hydraulic components, including hoses, flanges pumps and valves
- Operates overhead crane to assemble large components
- Run cable harnesses and terminate electrical connections of various types
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two to four years related experience and/or training
- Investigative skills by using intuition and experience to complement data.
- Designing by generating creative solutions; Demonstrating attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Social Skills – Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork – Balances team and personal responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts growth of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives .
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistance and overcomes obstacles.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and follow process
- Ability to collaborate with a team to achieve a common goal
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- To perform this job effectively, an individual should have knowledge of Database software
- 1st shift = 6:00am-4:30pm, Monday – Thursday
- 2nd shift = 5:00pm – 3:30am, Monday-Thursday
- Weekend shift = 5:00am-5:30pm Friday – Sunday
- $18.00 – $20.00 /hour based on experience
- 2nd shit = extra $2.00 differential on base pay
- Weekend shift = extra $4.00 differential on base pay