We are looking for an enthusiastic shipping/receiving clerk to join our growing team! Our warehouse is located in Aurora and we produce lighting fixtures. This position is temp-to-hire, and we are looking for someone to bring on permanent/long term.
This position requires some overtime and will be required to work on Saturdays and some Sundays.
If you feel like you would be a good fit please reply and attach your resume!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform shipping and receiving duties.
- Printing labels, tracking orders and organizing paperwork.
- Support the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Must report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Required to forward a requisition for shipping materials to the Department Supervisor for approval.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a high school education and at least two years recent shipping/receiving experience.
- Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks, be familiar with and able to interpret packing slips, enter into the computer the correct information, to acknowledge receipt of the goods into the purchase order and processing database.
- Must be able to fill out bills of landing and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers.
- Must be capable of estimating weight, and use that information to calculate the cost of shipping.
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
- Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment and be a licensed forklift truck operator.
- Experience with UPS/FEDEX online software is desirable.
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Must be able to pass a Federal drug screen and National background check