Setup Technicians have the responsibility of getting injection molding machines set up and ready for production. This includes but is not limited to pulling and setting molds, cycling the machine in to a pre-established process, turning in start-up parts, troubleshooting machine alarms, performing basic mold and machine maintenance. These duties will require the use of overhead cranes, forklifts and basic hand tools. As a Setup Tech II, the employee will be responsible for all duties covered by the Setup Tech I as well as performing machine startups, automation, process conversions using VCT sheets, and change the orientation of the vertical/horizontal presses.
Our client has grown into a full-scale metal and plastic production company with facilities across the U.S. The company today has entered a new era of growth and continues to excel in engineering support, complex components and assemblies, and the integration of metal and plastic. They continue to grow into expanding markets and position themselves to be one of the top metal and plastics companies in the country.
Major Job Functions:
- Cycle in and automate a machine
- Perform process conversions from one machine to another
- Time permitting, the technician shall:
- Train with higher techs/maintenance on process troubleshooting
- Train with tooling on tool assembly/disassembly to better understand tool function
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and five to eight years of progressively responsible experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must demonstrate a high aptitude and ability for supervision; must have prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferred: Injection molding experience or mechanical aptitude, tools and tool box.
- Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Inventory software and Manufacturing software.
- Competencies: Core: Attendance/Punctuality, Dependability, Ethics, Professionalism, Team Work, Safety and Security
- Leadership: Change Management, Cost Consciousness, Leadership, Managing People, Planning and Organizing, Strategic Planning, Strategic Thinking
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Collaboration: Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of goals. Thoughtfully works to strengthen relationships with those outside of one’s own department.
- Delegation: Allocates decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate persons to maximize the organization’s and individuals’ effectiveness; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Initiative: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; effectively conveys information in a clear and professional manner; Listens and gets clarification; Facilitates open dialogue. Able to communicate up and down.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
Hours – 3rd shift Sunday – Thursday 10:00 pm to 6:30 am, $30.00 – $40.00/hour depending on prior experience and knowledge