The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for financial reporting and analysis, general ledger maintenance, and creating process improvement. This includes companies in wholesale, retail and manufacturing. The position is based in Louisville, Colorado.
- Perform month-end close duties including review of general ledger accounts, closing journal entries, analysis of sales and inventory, and financial reporting presentation.
- Maintaining various schedules for audit support and communicating with external auditors
- Develop and perform internal control audits and process improvement initiatives
- Review daily bank transactions and perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Accurately prepare and document applicable local, state, and federal tax returns and payments
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and perform special projects as needed
- Ensure transactions are in compliance with US GAAP and corporate policies
Work Experience and Education
- Bachelors in Accounting
- 5-7 years of work experience
- Advanced Excel and computer skills (ERP experience required)
- Detail oriented, but also able to look at the “big picture”
- Ability to work individually, and as part of a team with members throughout different departments of the company
- Must possess ability to adapt well to change, prioritize work assignment and perform under pressure to meet deadlines