The role of a Residential Project Manager is responsible for developing execution plans to achieve construction project milestones and to minimize costs for a single project or area. Oversees project execution and monitors critical path schedules and deliveries. Provide input to design of construction project execution plans.
Our client’s mission is simple, to offer high-quality, competitively priced residential and commercial landscapes and maintenance. They use only premium grade materials to deliver custom design and maintenance services that surpass expectations. They view themselves as partners with our clients, our employees, our community, and our environment.
Management of projects to include:
- Construction schedule and manage labor force required for various projects.
- Manages the assignment of man power, materials & equipment to maximize efficiency; maintain schedules, meet budget goals, cycle times and quality of construction.
- Coordinate with project Foreman any equipment, manpower, specialized crews, material and other similar needs required for project efficiency.
- Manage subcontractors per the scope of project with Designers.
- Provide site orientation to crew to include set up, pictures, existing conditions checklist, etc. • Ensure the necessary tools and equipment is available to the crew(s).
- Keep team (crews) motivated.
- Purchase and delivery of materials in timely manner with coordination of Designers.
- Resolve building code issues and permitting (includes close out of permits).
- Communications of issues, and coordination of activities to Designers, Foreman and homeowners on a daily basis.
- Supervise the project, keeping it on schedule and within budget.
- Monitor satisfaction of client.
- Coordinate with Designer on who is doing final walk-thru.
- Weekly processing of timesheets; weekly delivery of paychecks.
- Process and negotiate Change Orders as needed (coordinates with designer).
- Issue Purchase Orders (PO’s).
- Maintain document control.
- Monitor labor cost analysis weekly, and make changes as required to stay within the budget.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A complete understanding of landscape construction.
- A strong working knowledge of irrigation construction.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings.
- Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts and construction practices.
- Requires advance analytical and quantitative skills.
- Requires basic knowledge of estimating terms and principles.
- Conducts budget/project cost financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.