Position Summary: Assist the Project Manager and Landscape Designer in managing, through planning, coordinating, and project supervision, to produce a quality build which is both under budget and completed on time; while also performing the actual tasks.
• Company Vehicle provided
• Snow Removal Required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Managing the Crew(s)
- Walk through the project with Designer and Project Manager to discuss design, plant layout, and possible change orders.
- Coordinate with the Designer to determine the required crew size, materials (irrigation, rock, plant material, sod, mulch, etc.) and equipment necessary to start the project and to maintain the project efficiency.
- Set Irrigation Clock.
- Run irrigation system before installing mulch.
- Direct the work of the crew as required to meet the goals established by the Designer while performing the work of a crew member.
- Responsible for training laborers and lead(s) in respect to various landscape tasks.
- Assist in monitoring the labor cost analysis weekly, and recommend any changes required to stay within budget.
- Warranty work – respond to requests to repair/replace plant materials that have not met quality standards.
- Do final walk-thru with homeowner if requested by Project Manager.
- Recommend to the Project Manager any performance concerns of a crew member. The Project Manger will conduct any appropriate disciplinary action if necessary (First warning to crew member is the responsibility of Foreman).
Materials & Equipment
- Follow maintenance procedures for each piece of equipment operated. Check all fluid levels to assure they are at the required levels prior to operating any piece of equipment. Fill only with specified fluids.
- Ensure proper use of equipment by understanding, communicating and directing the crew on the proper use of equipment, its capabilities and limitations (specifically use, weight and volume limitations).
- Know the skill level of each operator to determine if they are qualified to operate specific
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of is/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) or more years of experience in landscaping or related field preferred.
- Must have valid driver license and clean MVR
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of construction techniques.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction safety practices.
- Certified Landscape Technician (CLT) and Commercial Driver’s License helpful.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the limitations of the specific types of construction equipment.