To inspect and record results on vendor, customer or sub-contractor supplied product, in-process parts and final product using appropriate measuring equipment, cosmetic specifications and documentation/forms.
- Has regular contact with all internal departments, supervision, management suppliers and customers.
- Plans and prioritizes daily work and tasks while adapting to unscheduled departmental requirements.
- Performs job with little or no supervision, however, results of daily job performance are monitored on a regular basis by meeting internal/external customer requirements.
- Decisions include the choice of inspection tools, inspection methods, interpretation of specifications, additional frequency of inspection beyond MIP, PIP, FIP requirements and initial acceptance or rejection.
- Perform part and material inspections, analysis and documentation which meets the requirements of internal and external customers and complies with accepted practices as defined by the work instructions ISO-9001/2000, ANSI or other required standards.
- Performs dimensional, physical, visual and cosmetic inspections to documented specifications and requirements.
- Reads and accurately interprets blue prints in accordance with the standards documented in (ANSI Y 14.5 1982)
- Performs inspections using micrometers, calipers, height gages, optical comparator (CNC, CMM) thread plug gages, ring gages and other equipment.
- Completes necessary paperwork, maintains required records, keeps part files up to date, files engineering drawings, enters data in computer files and performs other administrative task as required.
- Performs other duties or assignments as directed by Management.
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE:
HS Diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of mathematics including algebra, geometry and basic trigonometry. One year of experience as Quality Inspector.