A Quality Control Technician 1 reports to the Quality Manager and is responsible for maintaining working relationships and communication with Production Teams and the Quality Team.
- 30 minute visual inspection of parts, boxing, counting (by weight), and labeling part boxes for transfer to inventory.
- Visual inspection of manufactured parts based on defined pass/fail inspection criteria that determine the acceptability of the parts.
- Identification of product defects and communication with responsible production personnel when corrective actions are necessary.
- Entry of data into the quality system and specific quality inspection forms.
- Initiate Corrective Actions and Discrepant Material Reports when appropriate.
Experience: Education, Training and Expectations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including business and phone etiquette. Works well with co-workers and is a team player
- Is consistently on time
- Has good attendance
- Very strong attention to detail/excellent vision — yearly eve exam required
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel
- Ability to learn inventory and Quality Dept. functions using the organizations ERP software
- All employees should have knowledge of the Eldon James Quality Policy Statement and how their job supports the quality statement and quality objectives.
- Employees must show accountability for following quality system procedures and understand the ISO 9001, IS013485 and ISO TS16949 based requirements that apply to their position or department.
- Employees must attend and successfully complete all company-required training, as well as comply with the Eldon, safety policy and OSHA requirements.
- Employees must immediately notify a supervisor or HR when injury or safety incidents occur.
- Refer to Administration panel for job Training SOP 6.2 , which includes Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) training required for the position