Our client is passionate about creating herbal solutions that have the highest potency and efficacy – and they believe that nature provides the best materials to do this. Each of their artisanal blends are small-batch crafted with only the cleanest, most vibrant ingredients. Each formula is carefully created for functional synergy and taste profile.
Quality Control Manager – Directs and oversees operation of the quality control and assurance department. The QC Manager will ensure that all elements of the company’s operations are carried out in compliance with appropriate Good Manufacturing Practices principles and that all products are manufactured and released according to appropriate industry quality standards and requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following with other duties that may be assigned:
- Review product labels with Sustainability and Education Manager for DSHEA compliance.
- Maintain a strong familiarity with all good manufacturing practice in manufacturing, packaging, labeling, or holding operations for dietary supplements (21 CFR 111) and current US food and dietary supplement labeling regulations and best practices
- Monitor the development and assess the impact of new and proposed changes in laws, rulings, regulations and enforcement activities impacting the use of ingredients, product safety, labeling and advertising.
- Oversee the receiving process of all raw materials from shipping area, assess inventory and test raw materials before releasing to production
- Ensure microbial testing is completed at all phases as required in SOP’s.
- Oversee all team objectives, policies and programs.
- Ensure appropriate Health and Safety Management Plans, Environment Management Plans, and Product Quality Plans are in place; setting milestones to achieve them and ensuring that targets are met.
- To establish the Quality Management Systems in line with regulatory, GMP requirements, ISO standards and customer expectations.
- Communicate to the management the regulations and guidelines that impact the company’s business.
- Work with Q/C lead to ensure all activities are covered by accurate and up to date SOPs.
- Work with Q/C Lead to train all staff and create awareness of best practices, and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all the company’s practices are carried out in compliance with customer’s product quality requirements, national regulations, industry standards and codes of practice.
- Manage internal audits and ensure that ensuing action plans are implemented.
- Ensure that all the company’s activities are carried out in compliance with all relevant Statutory Safety Regulations, Company Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Oversee equipment, process and method Validation and Change Control to ensure that production processes are validated; changes made according to the appropriate procedure and that adherence to the validated processes are monitored by the QC department.
- Work with Q/C lead and sourcing department on vendor audits and vendor qualification.
- Be involved and up to date on new vendor set up and vet process
- Review batch processing records, product quality certificates, batch disposition and product complaints.
- Research all customer complaints with product quality and safety. This position is involved from the beginning till the end with a plan to avoid future complaints.
- Monitor raw material quality to ensure that it complies with contracted specifications.
- Lead relevant investigations into all incidences or deviations involving quality, safety, health and environment.
- Liaise between the Company and relevant authorities relating to any Environment, Health or Safety
- issues that may arise.
- HAACP plan creation and management
Supervisory responsibilities: Directly supervises QC lead and employees in department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and direct work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching documents and discussions; addressing complaint and resolving problems.
Qualification Requirements: To preform this job successfully, an individual must be able to preform each essential duty satisfactory.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Microbiology, Industrial
Chemistry, Food Science & Technology or related subject is preferred. A minimum of 2 years practical experience as a Quality Assurance/ Control Manager or assistant is desired. Must have the knowledge of hazard analysis and preparation of SOPs. 2 years experience in quality inspection, auditing and testing experience required in a GMP facility.
Advanced experience or an herbal education is preferred. Natural products industry experience is also a plus.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions and practical situations.
Salary – $65k – 80k depending on prior experience and knowledge