Position Description: Temp to Hire Production: Production Workers engage in fabrication of structural Blade products by performing the following duties. (Will perform some or all of the functions listed below depending on work placement)
- Manual Production Processing, position, and/or remove material from work areas.
- Load, stack, and transport materials by hand, truck or crane or jib.
- Paint Blade.
- De-burr, polish and sand with file, wire brush, buffing cloth, grinding cloth or sandpaper.
- Clean interior surfaces of holes.
- Apply abrasive compound, wax, or other dressing to facilitate cleaning or polishing.
- Fit and assemble parts into complete assembly.
- Lift Machine Operations
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant, flow and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Installs machined replacements parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Changes tools on powered equipment.
- Specifications Management
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work-piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Verifies dimensions, conformance and alignment of finished work-piece specifications.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Cleans work area, machines, tools and equipment.
- Safely performs duties related to generating and storing hazardous waste in satellite accumulation areas.
- All other duties as assigned.
What We Need:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three years experience production, construction, carpentry or auto body work strongly desired
- Strong natural ability to work in teams, high degree of adaptability & flexibility
- Desire to work as an artisan with hand tools.
- Ability to work overtime as required
- A: 7am to 7:15pm (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, every other Wednesday)
- C: 7am to 7:15pm (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, every other Wednesday)
- B: 7pm to 7:15 am (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, every other Saturday)
- D: 7pm to 7:15am (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, every other Saturday)
- Day Shift (A or C) = $17.00
- Night shift (B or D) = $17.00 + $2.00 differential for nights ($19.00)
- Additional performance evaluation at 90 days will possible conversion to Vestas payroll and pay increase