Production Technician: follows established procedures in production line and cell environments to test and perform calibration, adjustment and assembly of handheld specialized electromechanical equipment. Download programs into a CPU assembly using a third party boot loaders and programing apparatus. Uses analytical skills to assess points of failure in electronic assemblies. Give suggestions with remedies to problem areas that prohibit a smooth production flow.
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical production environment
- Knowledge of standard electronic testing equipment, experience using small hand tools, reading and understanding various computer screen outputs of electric signals.
- Experience in various methods of loading established programs in to CPU assemblies
- Must be able to read schematics and assembly diagrams and follow established procedures.
- Electrical technical degree or 2+ years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- In manufacturing line and cell environments perform tests, calibrations, adjustments and completed assembly of critical electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Works from established work instructions, test procedures and schematics to determine the method and sequence for adjustment and calibration.
- Works in and understands cell manufacturing professes to insure smooth and predictable production flow.
- Tests functional performance of systems, subassemblies and parts under specified environmental conditions including, vibration, pressure and humidity.
- Calibrates test instruments according to specifications calibrates and tests manufactured equipment using standard electronic test equipment as well as in house alignment and calibration fixtures,
- Uses sound judgement principals to insure all work meets established guidelines
- Analyzes test results on defective units to determine cause of failure and makes repairs as instructed to minimalize costly fallout of key electronic assemblies.
- Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures and results to resolve problems.
- Used PC, UNIX, or MAC computer systems to download program into CPU assemblies
- Other duties as needed.
- 7:00am – 3:30pm Monday – Thursday, 6:00am-2:30pm on Fridays