Works under general supervision with engineering, marketing, facilities, manufacturing and I&D to fabricate precision machined parts using standard and complex machine tools. Produces prototype and production tooling used in manufacturing and plastic processing operations not limited to plastic injection molding.
. Utilizes advanced knowledge to program and produce precision parts on Conventional and CNC Machine Tools.
- Produces products utilizing a variety of machining equipment to specified tolerances and finishes.
- Provides proper care and maintenance of tools, equipment, and facilities including general housekeeping.
- Works from routine and complex prints, sketches, drawn points, or verbal directions to fabricate precision machined parts and production tooling.
- Can originate simple and/or complex setups.
- Inspects work for compliance with blueprints, process sheets, and written or verbal specifications using basic inspection equipment.
- Designs, plans, and executes the sequences of related technical operations for fabrication of precision parts or molds.
- Provides input to designers or engineers on parts configuration with alternative solutions for reduction of manufacturing complexity and tooling costs.
- Services machinery or equipment and maintains facilities.
- Interacts as a team member sharing ideas and machining experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED.
Other Required Skills include:
- Ability to machine to the level of tolerance required by company products.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret blueprints.
- Requires extensive and practical knowledge of different materials and their workability such as plastics and exotic tool steels and their uses.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of shop mathematics including applicable trigonometry.
- Skilled in tool room grinding, tool and die work, sheet metal, mold making and fixture development.