We are hiring for a skilled machinist who provides overall support to Engineering, Design, and Product Development to create, troubleshoot and repair a variety of products and machinery. The company specializes in the use of advanced composite materials to create sporting equipment and building materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manufacture parts to print from CAD Models
- Perform complex machining operations on a CNC Milling/Turning machine and have the ability to read and understand G-Code
- Manage and develop plans for workflow of CNC fabrication projects, ordering material, tooling, programing and assembly.
- Fabrication of all types of tooling including fixturing, jigs, special tools, templates, proto-type products & Simple molds
- Work from Engineering models, drawings, sketches, verbal and written direction
- Work with Engineers to solve tooling related problems
- Work with Engineering to improve product development
- Design simple solutions from minimum sketches or verbal direction
- Manage model shop equipment and preventative maintenance to machines
Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to program G-Code using Mastercam Software Mill 2D/3D a must
- Ability to program G-Code using Mastercam Software Lathe is a PLUS
- Solidworks software knowledge is a PLUS
- Detailed oriented and high level of organization a must
- Ability to read and understand G-Code
- Ability to manufacture parts of tight tolerances and surface finishes
- General knowledge and understanding of tool and die making
- Ability to read blue prints
- General understanding of GD&T
- Process layout and Process design
- Familiarity with modern cutting tools
- Experience cutting Tool steels, ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Knowledge of composite manufacturing or composite cutting a PLUS
- Machine building experience a PLUS
- Proficient with standard manual quality tools required to do the job
- Strong mechanical knowledge, skills and experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels and with varied communication styles.
- Willingness to learn new equipment, software and skillsets
- Works well with others
- Having good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to detect malfunctions
- Knowledge of use of repair tools, testing machinery, and equipment
- Graduate of a technical school, a full apprenticeship program, or a completion of in-company four-year training program to satisfaction of training committee OR Self-taught; supplying documentation or pictures of past projects and experiences.
- Five to seven years of on the job experience operating vertical CNC mills and Horizonal Lathes