Assist Mechanic Foreman maintain fleet operations of light and heavy duty equipment. Handling diagnostics and repairs. Perform major and minor mechanical repairs to ensure proper performance and safety of vehicles.
Our client’s mission is simple, to offer high-quality, competitively priced residential and commercial landscapes and maintenance. They use only premium grade materials to deliver custom design and maintenance services that surpass expectations. They view themselves as partners with our clients, our employees, our community, and our environment.
- Performing preventative maintenance and repair of a variety of lawn equipment as well as some heavy equipment such as wheel loaders, backhoes, excavators, trenchers, motor graders, pick-up trucks, single and tandem dump trucks, tractor trailers, flatbed and dumb trailers as directed by Foreman or Shop Manager.
- Examining mechanical equipment and evaluating to determine necessary repairs and/or maintenance.
- Disassembling of machines, trucks or trailers, repairing or replacing broken parts.
- Complete accurate equipment service orders on a daily basis.
- Use of the red tag / green tag system.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work area.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma / GED
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to take direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, build consensus, anticipate. roadblocks, and work in a team environment.
- Thorough knowledge of CDOT and OSHA regulations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple duties, projects and work assignments.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment.
- Excellent mechanical skills and strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read schematics, both hydraulic and electrical)
- Thorough knowledge of the limitations of specific types of construction equipment and safety. practices used in performing maintenance services.
- Bi-lingual skills (English/Spanish) are highly desired.
- Class A CDL desired.
- ASE Certification desired.