PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB: Maintain ongoing surveillance over the physical inventory by sample counting selected items at a predetermined frequency, testing record accuracy, and reconciling differences. Manage return merchandise process through final disposition from returns. Identify and report on the root causes of errors in inventory, charting the change in accuracy over time. Provide training and feedback to employees and management on issues affecting the overall accuracy of inventory.
- Generate cycle count sheets and make requisite daily counts.
- Reconcile actual counts compared to perpetual records and recount discrepant items
- Analyze discrepant inventory values to detect cause of errors
- Process adjustments to correct the perpetual inventory record and record results
- Evaluate, investigate, and process as necessary inventory adjustment request forms submitted by manufacturing personnel
- Prepare weekly and monthly inventory accuracy tracking reports. Conduct weekly inventory analysis review meeting
- Analyze stock inventory turns activity to set the classification of materials to be part of the cycle count program
- Receive returned materials according to RMA procedures
- Inspect returned materials and identify used or out-of-box condition, warranty or non-warranty status, active or inactive material status, and return for repair or credit request to support whether or not to provide customer credit and proper material dispostioning
- Collaborate and follow through with purchasing, planning, quality, and customer service to complete RA order processing and material dispositioning within established timeframes
- Track and report on returns processing status and results as required
- Drive and support continuous improvement by providing innovative ideas and implementation of Lean practices.