The Kitting Specialist’s primary function is to manage all kitting stock. With accuracy, they pick and kit materials for sales orders to move to the production line. They maintain accurate cycle counts and bin locations, ensuring finished and raw materials move in and out of the kitting area damage free. The Kitting Specialists work with the direct guidance of our Parts Lead, and are a key factor in Pinnacle Architectural Lighting producing quality light fixtures.
1. Works from the sales work orders to kit parts needed on the production line.
2. Consolidates inventory from vendors.
3. Reads and follows work orders, labels, and instructions.
4. Works with SAP programs.
5. Ability to use a hand held device to move materials in the system for accurate tracking.
6. Moves waste from warehouse to dumpsters.
7. Responsible for quality control. No damaged product is used in the process unless written authorization was given by engineering.
8. Assists in scrap programs as needed.
9. Verifies daily work schedule and communicates work load to the other team members in the department.
10. Verifies materials and orders are correct, with correct part numbers and quantities.
11. Handles various paperwork; such as material movement requests.
12. Completes daily logs and is capable of filling out required assigned reports.
13. Operates within standard operating procedures (SOPs). Understands the rules, policies and procedures of the organization and is able to follow processes of the position.
14. Becomes efficient in product knowledge and helps improve and streamline the processes.
15. Must be able to communicate with other departments.
16. Must ensure clean and organized work area.
17. Works within the Job Safety Standards of the company, participates in safety awareness and attends safety meetings.
18. Helps in controlling expenses, reducing costs and eliminating waste.
19. Works with other team members to achieve the goals, expectations, and metrics of the department.
20. Meets productivity standards.
21. Problem solves any issue that presents itself.
22. Performs prep assembly tasks for mounting assemblies as needed.
23. Performs back-up for prep or assembly line.
24. Provides on-the-job training to new employees.
25. Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic reading, writing, mathematic skills to follow verbal or written directions as required.
- Must have experience with basic computer skills in inventory, cycle counts, shipping and receiving.
- Knowledge of Excel, M.S Word, MRP and SAP
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
- Must be familiar with all assembly hand tools for example; saws, drills, rivet guns, screwdrivers and shipping/receiving tools such as box cutters, banding equipment, pallet jacks, and so on
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds required.
- Must be a very detail oriented individual.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Ability to use tape measure.