Position Summary: Installation, maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting irrigation systems on commercial/residential properties.
• Snow Removal Required
• Company Vehicle Provided
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Start-up, seasonal activation, irrigation repairs throughout season & de-activation of irrigation systems to prevent damage during winter months.
Weekly assessments of properties:
• On-going irrigation repairs following schedule.
• Walk through properties to diagnosis and recommend solutions for irrigation problems on site.
• System audits to improve water conservation.
• Develop relationships with property managers and residential clients.
• Upgrades, improvements and sales for enhancements.
• Daily/ weekly irrigation schedule support
• Tracks hours and materials for billable work
• Responsible to maintain daily/ weekly production hours to a minimum of 38 billable hours per week
• Provide daily irrigation inspection reports
• Coordinate with emergency after hours call schedule
• Support to other programs of the maintenance division
Training, support and safety:
• Works closely with other Irrigation Techs team work to reach goals in productivity
• Perform weekly irrigation meetings
• Quality and control.
Purchasing and Billing:
• Purchases and inventory for all irrigation parts in company vehicle.
• Complete and submit required work orders for billing on a timely basis.
• Documenting labor hours and materials accurately for each repair.
• Tracking daily/ weekly budgets for profitability on job.
Off Season – Shop Duties
• Shop Duties as assigned
• During winter months when landscaping projects are no longer scheduled, must be available 24/7 to assist in removing snow from various industrial and residential properties and complete.
• Snow removal logs.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Three (3) + years’ experience with irrigation.
• Certified Irrigation Technician preferred.
• Must have drivers license and clean MVR.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Understanding of complex irrigation systems.
• 2 wire Systems.
• Weather Tech.
• Rain Bird.
• Pumps, boosters and wells.
• ET controller.
• Strong irrigation trouble shooting skills.
• Low voltage nightscaping.
• Computer skills are advantageous.
• Must possess excellent people skills and demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Develop and maintain open, two-way communication with all team members.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrates a high level of initiative to improve efficiencies.
• Builds a strong sense of team work with co-workers.
• Displays a positive attitude and is courteous to others.
• Professional in appearance and presentation.
• Assists in promoting the company to the public in a positive manner.
• Takes pride in the work performed.
• Accepts the initiative to take on additional work if necessary.
• Listens well and follows directions provided.
• Shows integrity and consistency in all aspects of performing the job.
• Attends and actively participates in all necessary meetings.
Moderately undesirable working conditions. (i.e. occasional exposure to significant levels of temperature, air pollution, noise pollution, chemical gases and substances; physical trauma conditions of a minor nature such as cuts, bruises and minor burns). The work schedule varies depending on the weather. The position is required to work weekends (Sat) or late at night. The crew should be flexible with availability depending on the needs of the customers.
Note: Occasional Saturdays worked July through August dependent upon weather, emergencies, work load and deadline requirements.