• Reads production blueprints and assesses unknown dimensions
• Conducts first-piece inspection as detailed in the Quality Assurance Inspection Standards; requires verifying part dimensions and conducting a visual inspection of the first part produced from an order.
• Conducts continuous visual inspections of parts in process
• Conducts in-process inspection audits; requires review of drawing and supporting order documents such as contracts, test reports, and any other certifications required prior to sending to next operation.
• Completes first-article inspection report (FAIR); requires inspecting and verifying parts in accordance with customer drawing. Records in customer file for tracking purposes
• Conducts final visual inspection of parts; includes reviewing documentation provided with order of in-process inspections and then verifying all required processes are complete and correct. Attaches final documentation required by customer
• Initiates Management Review Board process for rework orders, disposition of nonconforming material, and destruction of scrap (raw material and finished good)
• Conducts force and torque testing of finished goods.
• Operates Seebrez as needed.
• Operates Coordinate Measurement Machine as needed.
• Ensures required documentation from all inspections are complete.
• Ensures correct product identification and traceability of materials is maintained throughout the operations process
.• Initiates Quality-related turn backs and records in the Qualtrax system
.• Assists with Internal Auditing as required.