Reporting to the Director of Customer Experience, the Inside Sales Manager is customer oriented, able to build/maintain positive and productive relationships with both external customers and internal customers. The Inside Sales Manager acts as the customer interface by professionally executing the messaging of the company and driving revenue targets. This person should be able to set goals and help their inside sales team meet these goals by using a variety of methods and tactics
- Establish and maintain a pipeline for sales opportunities and targets for the inside sales team to be measured against.
- Set targets to meet along with goals and produce a plan of action for each specific target to bring the account to close.
- Drive revenue targets set forth by the sales organization.
- Prepare effectively with all available resources to successfully execute sales plan.
- Know material, products, and messaging to communicate thoroughly to customers.
- Quickly initiate and implement plan of action to build new accounts and business.
- Demonstrate nimble response to continuously regroup and plan for successfully meeting all sales goals.
- Focus on new accounts and build a target list accordingly. Work to find opportunity to expand business along side Account Managers.
- Review and analyze failed processes to effectively grow and improve.
- Be fully prepared on every call to be able to execute sales plan,including account preparation, sales call goal setting, overcoming objections, proper materials and resource execution, and follow up plan.
- Understand and communicate the value our organization brings to customers.
- Prepare annual sales plan and prepare monthly updates to ensure successful progress to the end goal.
- Keep and maintain sales metrics as required and submit updates monthly.
- Utilize CRM system to enter all communications with current customers.
- Other job duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND NECESSARY SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 years’ managing a large team. 5 to 10 years pharmaceutical, ophthalmology or medical sales experience.
- Proven track record on developing and leading a team, must be able to speak to specifics on best practice selling skills.
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to drive sales results; must be metric driven.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills necessary for leading others and working with the public.
- Previous experience working within an inside sales role managing a team.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, along with numerical abilities and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated strong computer abilities including Microsoft products, Outlook, and CRM system
- Bachelor degree required.