Listed below are some basic tasks for the inside sales support person:
1. Place follow-up calls to all customers after their order ships. This call is to make sure the customer received everything correctly and help the regional sales manager set up any required customer training.
2. Prepare quotations for the assigned territory. This includes sending quotes to customers by fax, mailing, or e-mail. The inside person shall enter all quotes into the customer, reseller, or prospect database. Each inside person shall mail, e-mail, or fax a copy of each quote to appropriate regional sales manager. Follow up with customers on submitted quotes.
3. Enter customer and prospect information into the marketing database on a daily basis.
4. Conduct research for new leads through available resources.
5. Verify potential leads through Genesis and customer database.
6. Daily marketing calls into the assigned territories. 40%-50% of this person’s time will be spent placing out-bound phone calls and/or performing other methods of out-bound communications to customers and/or prospects.
7. Inquire as to whether or not the companyis listed on the department’s bid or vendor list. Take appropriate action to get the company on any and all bid list.
8. All necessary computer entries for the assigned territory.
9. Review all incoming orders from customers in the assigned territory for accuracy.
10. Notify regional sales manager in assigned territory when orders are received.
11. Monitor sales orders in GENESIS.
12. Prepare any required mailers for the assigned territories
13. Communicate all necessary information with accounting including new customer numbers, process of credit applications, credit terms, taxes, and process of credit cards. Prepare ProForma Invoices upon customer request.
14. Contact previous customers to conduct Product Quality and Dependability Questionnaire.
15. Handle customer complaints by submitting a Customer Complaint Form.
16. Support Regional Sales Manager with miscellaneous tasks including, parts/product requests, literature requests, completion of evaluation agreements, demo requests and issuance of certification cards.
17. Attendance of monthly product trainings.
18. Handle product returns.
19. Provide the Inside Sales Manger with monthly cold call and sales reports.
20. Must be precise in all aspects of their tasks, regarding quotes, order taking and processing of orders.
21. Provide support to other territories other than assigned when needed.
22. Other duties as assigned by the Inside Sales Manager, territory requirements, or VP of Sales & Marketing.
• 2 – 3 years work experience in a sales role.
• Good knowledge and experience in Excel, Word, Lotus Notes, JD Edwards (ERP System) is preferred.
• Posses good phone and communication skills.
• Must be prepared to spend 40% of day dedicated to out bound phone calls to prospective customers.
• Be a team player, helpful and dedicated to the Sales Team.
• Must be precise in all aspects of their tasks, regarding quotes, order taking and processing of orders.
• Bi-lingual is a plus.
• Experience with GIS mapping products a plus.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in related field can substitute for experience.
Must be able to lift and move equipment (lift up to 30 lbs), the ability to demonstrate equipment on roadways, off roadways, in fields, and during inclement weather, etc. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to execute the necessary functions.
Office environment in a manufacturing setting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.