Position Summary Brief description of position’s primary purpose
The Director of Sales and Customer Support is a senior management position. The Director optimizes the performance of the customer acquisition and support functions by setting and managing policies, developing processes and procedures to ensure Sale acquisition and support effectiveness. He/She works closely with senior staff members to ensure effective process flow and developing/managing aligned goals to increase employee satisfaction, customer satisfaction and gross margin optimization. Provides assistance to customers regarding status of quotes and orders, provides warranty service. Directs and coordinates data management activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities List of the position’s essential or most important functions and responsibilities whether performed daily, weekly, monthly, annually or at irregular intervals
- Directly responsible for the management of Project Management, Customer Service and Sales.
- Ensure timely flow of projects to Engineering and Production.
- Ensure accuracy of production and engineering schedule by maintaining published lead times (production schedule calendar).
- Maintains contact and develops positive working relationships with Reps regarding quotes, orders and new products
- On time delivery of projects per customer request.
- Ensure all information passed on to internal and external customers is accurate and timely.
- Employee development and foster positive company culture to enhance employee satisfaction.
- Customer contact for warranty questions and replacement parts and supplies. Contacts service personnel to obtain or give information and directions regarding service or installation activities.
- Minimize back charges and maximize profit margins.
- Maximize use of SyteLine system.
- Create, maintain and document processes and procedures.
- Maintain budgets.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Continuously improve processes and BSI products, individually and/or as part of an organized task force.
- Develop and revise work processes to increase sales and reduce expenses.
- Accountable for tasks outlined in job description, in addition to new assignments and procedures, and self-developed tasks. Adjust to changes made in the workplace, including but not limited to processes, procedures, and reporting relationships.
- Provide accurate data for measurements.
- Ownership of the pricing spreadsheet including development of pricing and training of employees.
- Follow up after job completion to determine adherence to pricing spreadsheet.
- Work with Regional Sales Managers to negotiate and approve price concessions to customers.
- Gathers information to evaluate current work processes in order to determine the flow of work, time requirements, costs, and duration.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect of cost reductions
- Guides Estimators in the estimation of job-hours for special projects.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesCustomer Service Representatives QualificationsBachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent workplace experience.Experience Language Skills: Reading, writing, speaking. Include contact with others inside and outside of the company Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers. Good analytical and problem solving skills required.Ability to analyze technical and numerical information, including blue prints and job specs.Reasoning Ability Include mathematical skills Ability to apply basic concepts of basic algebra and geometry. n/aPhysical Demands Example: sit/stand/walk; lifting, vision The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is
- Work Environment Example: noise; indoor/outdoor, office/shop; risk, etc
- The Director is required to travel to customer’s offices and job sites.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to calculate basic statistical figures
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Office products and SyteLine.
- Technical Skills Include computer skills
- Ability to effectively develop and present information to top management, employees or customer groups.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal document.
- 10 years management and leadership experience.
- Sales Team
- Project Managers
- Manage customer service and administration
- 40 % Gross Margin on Contoura/Custom/Carts & Kiosks projects. Higher profit margins on Catalog and Sneeze Guards lines.
- Maintain low back charges 0 – 1% of total project dollars.
- On-time delivery of projects.
- Effective, positive employees with low turn-over.