Job Title: Director of Engineering
• Ability to deal with poor performers.
• Able to attract and retain exceptional performers.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
• Ability to sit for long periods of time.
• May be required to stand, walk and reach with arms and hands.
•Work schedule generally consists of 50 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings and/or weekends.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally with minimal notice.
JOB SUMMARY (the purpose and general nature of the job):
Plan, direct or coordinate activities in mechanical and electrical engineering, research and development in can making machinery.
Provide leadership to ensure teamwork.
Respond as the subject matter expert in the area of expertise for sales, field service and/or customers.
Lead and assist with the design, development, testing and documentation of new products. Improve existing products and processes.
Control costs to maintain profitability.
Deliver accurate designs and engineering releases within the time frame dictated by the production schedule.
• Responsible for the establishing, creating, directing and maintaining technology related tactical issues.
• Will generate, organize, regulate and monitor actions required to meet the needs of the company.
• Responsible for identifying, developing and coordinating an expert resource network on canning and printing related technology.
• Develop technical goals and objectives to support the business strategy
• Develop new concepts and approaches in the resolution of current problems and capitalization of future opportunities.
• Ability to recognize problems relating to a wide range of technology, and will recognize these problems early and deal with them in an urgent manner.
• Lead the team in developing value-added improvements to the process of design and functionality.
• Act as a technical safety leader regarding the safety of machinery and will lead safety related projects.
• Responsible for development, direction, formal documentation, monitoring, success and its costs.
• Plan, execute and prioritizing the departments assets to meet schedule.
• The individual must establish sound priorities and objectives and be able to function in a high-pressure work environment characterized by constant change.
The individual must be an effective teacher/trainer /mentor. Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
• 15 years plus managing Mechanical Engineers. Must have demonstrated outstanding knowledge and five years outstanding performance in a senior Engineering role (or equivalent).
• Willing to travel to meet with customers.
• Must have sense of urgency and problem resolution talents.