Essential Duties and Responsibilities: 60% Administrative
• Prepares and tracks work orders, invoicing and billing in a timely manner.
• Scheduling support for all maintenance services to include but not limited to sprinkler activation’s, deactivation’s, repairs; spring, mid season and fall clean-ups, holiday lighting, chemical spraying, aerations, fertilizing, bed-care, annual flower plantings, weeding, snow removal, winter watering, off season litter/debris control, etc.
• Support in preparing small tools spreadsheet, allocation and inventory for all maintenance crews for pre and post season.
• Post hours for hourly employees in Contractor system.
• Assist in preparing and tracking of Maintenance contracts for residential and commercial clients.
• Prepares mowing books, bed care books and schedules from contracts specs onto spreadsheet.
• Assists preparing and mailing contracts for snow-removal clients.
• Respond to internal questions timely.
• Apply for Tax Exempt Certificates and notify vendors.
• Manages the DIR mileage log binders.
15% Customer Service
• Communicates with clients via telephone/email in a professional and timely manner to confirm schedules, respond to client complaints and/or concerns related with maintenance services including follow-up.
• Answering phones as back up for receptionist.
• Processing Work Orders for invoicing.
• Approving/coding vendor invoices in Contractor and tracking credit issues.
• Assist with billing issues between team and the client.
• Assist Account Managers with preparing estimates for clients.
15% Purchasing/Annual Flower Coordinator (Spring only)
• Responsible for receiving flowers, plants and other materials during annual planting season, confirming orders received, coordinates watering schedule with yard personnel.
• Tracks inventory and ensures proper maintenance of plants and flowers until on job site, utilizing any plants that are extra stock to be used on other job sites; tracks inventory stock of other materials related to annual planting such as soil, fertilizer, rabbit scam etc.; coordinates and assists with planting crews to ensure proper distribution of all plant materials for installation.
• Pulls PO’s and assists approving Accounts Payable in Contractor system.
5% Human Resources
• Works with Human Resources to translate forms into Spanish accurately.
• Assists with interviewing Spanish speaking candidates.
• Assists with Spanish speaking new hires orientation and safety training.
20% Snow Removal (Winter only)
• Manages obtaining all snow logs/timesheets for snow removal and inputs hours for all Teams.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Highly organized with ability to multi-task and possesses supervisory skills.
• Accounting background helpful.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Assists in promoting the company to the public in a positive manner.
• Displays a positive outlook and is courteous to others.
• Professional in appearance and presentation.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrates a high level of initiative to improve efficiencies.
• Builds a strong sense of team work with co-workers.
• Takes pride in the work performed.
• Accepts the initiative to take on additional work if necessary.
• Shows integrity and consistency in all aspects of performing the job.
1. Microsoft Office experience, Excel, Work and Outlook required.
2. Customer service experience as they will be handling return phone calls.
3. Inputting payroll in Sage 100 Contractor (most don’t know this system so they must be computer literate)
4. Process Work Orders (WO) and Purchase Orders (PO).
5. Might assist with client invoicing.