We are looking for an Assembler to join our team. This person will prepare, assemble, and align optical/electronic components and sub-assemblies of routine complexity in a production environment. Work may be performed under a microscope while using small hand tools and with table top adjustment fixtures. Monitors work-in-process or completed work, may need to disassemble, modify and rework as required. This position continually rotates through a variety of manufacturing processes, performing all types of tasks in a cell/team environment.
What you will do:
• Assemble and add small components to chassis.
• Assemble and align optics using mechanical and adhesive processes.
• Soldering printed circuit boards and various types of connections. Assembly of mechanical components using prints or written instructions.
• Bolts, clips, screws, cements, or otherwise fastens parts together.
• Works at different work stations as production needs require.
• Assemble grips and bumpers on housings using mechanical and adhesive processes.
• Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
• Inspects parts, assemblies and products throughout the production process.
• Attends, passes, and participates in various training programs such as OSHA and related safety classes, quality classes, production techniques classes and workshops, etc.
• Performs other related tasks that includes, housekeeping tasks required to keep work area clean and organized and other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Observes all safety rules and regulations including wearing protective equipment when required. Reports any unsafe conditions to management.
• Demonstrated ability to handle various small hand tools. Must be able to use a microscope. Ability to identify root case of assembly related discrepancies/issues and communicate to supervisor and/or lead.
• Will use cleaners such as alcohol, window cleaner and solvents as needed.
• Must ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with other employees as required
• Other duties as needed.
What you need:
Qualified individuals will have a minimum of:
• 2 years’ experience in optical/electronic/mechanical assembly and soldering experience within the past 12 months is required.
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate soldering proficiency.
• Must be able to be ready to perform the job tasks at the assigned starting time.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to support overtime as required.
• Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions