Job Title/Description: The Assembler will prepare, assembly and align optical/electronic components and subassemblies of routine complexity in a production environment. Work may be performed under a microscope while using small hand tools with table top adjustment fixtures. Monitors work-in-progress or completed work, may need to disassemble, modify and rework as required. This position continuously rotates through a variety of manufacturing processes, performing all types of tasks in a cell/team environment.
· 2 years’ experience in optical/electronic/mechanical assembly and soldering experience within the past 12 months is required
· Candidate must be able to demonstrate soldering proficiency
· Assemble and add small components to chassis
· Assemble and align optics using mechanical and adhesive processes
· Soldering printed circuit boards and various types of connections. Assembly of mechanical components using prints or written instructions.
· Bolts, clips, screws, cements, or otherwise fastens parts together
· Works at different work stations as production needs require
· Assemble grips and bumpers on housing using mechanical and adhesive process
· Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
· Inspects parts, assemblies and products throughout the production process
· Attends, passes, and participates in various training programs such as OSHA and related safety classes, quality classes, production techniques classes and workshops, etc
· Performs other related tasks that includes, housekeeping tasks required to keep work area clean and organized and other duties and special projects as assigned.
· Observes all safety rules and regulations including wearing protective equipment when required. Reports any unsafe conditions to management.
· Demonstrated ability to handle various small hand tools. Must be able to use a microscope. Ability to identity root cause of assembly related discrepancies/issues and communicate to supervisor/lead.
· Will use cleaners such as alcohol, window cleaner and solvents when needed.
· Must ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with other employees as required.
· Other duties as needed.