Position Description: Operator Assistant: Assist Machine Operator in the set ups/ changeovers of machine. Involving the removal and replacement of tooling rolls, cut off dies, punch dies, table spacers, etc.
- 1 year of experience with heavy assembly and must have strong mechanical skills
- Accumulate products as they exit from machine and safely stack into standard company pallets by product.
- Must have the knowledge and skills to read a tape measure and effectively apply to the following: Measure all product lengths, widths, heights, etc., for quality control purposes.
- Measure slit coils widths, for proper identification for weight calculations.
- Measure tooling roll spacers, knives, etc., for setups / changeovers assistance.
- Pick up all strapping, empty pop bottles, snack wrappers, debris, etc., around the machine perimeter and work bench surfaces.
- Must have the ability to read, understand and apply all the safety practices within the general safety rules manual in your daily activities.
- Safely operate the wood chop saws or wood radial arm saws to cut wood blocks to custom lengths.
- Safely operate the metal cut off saws to cut up scrap or cut materials into custom lengths when needed.
- Assist with basic daily maintenance of machines and equipment; oiling, greasing, adding water, cleaning, blowing, spraying, adjusting, etc.
- Requiring the use of hand tools, screw guns, paint rollers, shop vacuums, razor knives, hammer, pressurized air, carts, dollies, brooms, mops, rags, spray bottles, etc.
Hours / Pay:
Night Shift: 1:30PM to 10:00 PM (Monday through Friday)
- $16 + $1.00 differential = $17.00
- Overtime goes until midnight and working Saturdays